Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about something, please email us at email@example.com.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by You (the Customer or You). We are Gary James McQueen Limited a company registered in England and Wales under number 10899791 whose registered office is at 7 Nelson Road, South Ockendon, RM15 6PX with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the Terms in which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purpose which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession.
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the sale and purchase of the Goods.
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order.
6. Goods means any goods that we supply to you, of the number and description as set out in the Order.
7. Order means the Customer’s order for the Goods from the Supplier as set out in the Customer’s order or in the Customer’s written acceptance of the Supplier’s quotation.
8. The description of the Goods is as set out in our website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement.
Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in colour or size.
9. In the case of Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide is accurate.
Basis of Sale
10. The description of the Goods in our website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods.
11. When an Order has been made, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
12. A Contract will be formed for the Goods ordered, only upon the Supplier sending an email to the Customer saying that the Order has been accepted or if earlier, the Supplier’s delivery of the Goods to the Customer.
13. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
14. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, price or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
15. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer where we, the Supplier and you the Customer, enter the Contract at any of the Supplier’s business premises both physical or online store, and where the Contract is not a contract (i) for which an offer was made by the Customer in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises, or (ii) made immediately after the Customer was personally and individually addressed in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate to you and which might, in some way, be better for you, eg by giving cancellation rights pursuant to consumer protection law. Business premises means both immovable retail premises and also online store, where we carry on business on a permanent basis or, in the case of movable retail premises, on a usual basis.
Price and Payment
16. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges for the Goods, and the total price of them and the charges, is that set out in our price list current at the date we accepted the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
17. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
18. Payment for Goods must be made at least 1 day in advance of delivery. You must pay in cash or by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
Cancellation and Refunds
18b. The Consumer will have 14 calendar days in which to change their minds, and do not have to give a reason for doing so.
Because the burden of proof for showing cancellation within the cancellation period rests with the consumer, it will be in the consumers interest to keep some record of the cancellation. The 14 days for cancellation start the day after the goods have been received or, in the case of service contracts, the contract was entered into. The consumer should generally return any goods within 14 days unless the trader has offered to collect them. The trader should refund within 14 days of receiving the goods back or receiving proof they have been sent back.
19. We will deliver the Goods to the Delivery Location by the time or within the period agreed, or failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more that 90 days after the day on which the Contract is entered in to.
20. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if: a.) we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or if you told us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or b.) after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
21. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
22. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
23. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
24. Import duties or other taxes applied to deliveries made to addresses outside of England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands must be paid by you, as we will not pay them.
25. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
26. If you or your nominee final, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
27. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
28. Risk of damage to, or loss of, the Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
29. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods sill owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
30. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply with to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
31. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
32. Upon delivery, the Goods will: a.) be of satisfactory quality b.) be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and c.) conform to their description.
33. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials. Circumstances beyond the control of either party
34. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control: a.) the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and b.) the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery.
35. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
37. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions: a.) ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR. b.) ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. c.) ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
38. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Goods to you.
39. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws: a.) before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected; b.) we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified; c.) we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and d.) we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
40. For any enquiries or complaints regarding day privacy, you can contact Gary James McQueen at the following email address: email@example.com Excluding liability
41. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss(eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession). Governing lay, jurisdiction and complaints
42. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
43. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
44. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us directly.
We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.
45. McQueen PROMOTION –DISCOUNT CODE TO CLAIM 15% OFF ‘THE “VANITAS SKULL” SCARF ONLINE
Look out in-store and on-line for copies of the McQUEEN documentary DVD, Blu-ray and Collector’s Edition, with the ‘15% off ‘The “Vanitas Skull Scarf’’ offer inside that will entitle you to claim 15% online discount on ‘The “Vanitas Skull” Scarf’ designed by Gary James McQueen.
The 15% discount applies to each online purchase of ‘The “Vanitas Skull” Scarf’ during the offer period only when you apply the discount code. The discount code can be found inside promotional packs of the McQUEEN documentary DVD, Blu-ray and Collector’s Edition, stickered stock only. The discount code is only valid on the ‘The “Vanitas Skull” Scarf’ purchases made online only at www.garyjamesmcqueen.com from 22/10/18 - 22/01/2019. The discount code is only available for purchases of ‘The “Vanitas Skull” Scarf’ designed and produced by Gary James McQueen and is not available on any other Gary James McQueen products, accessories, services or on any other product or service. The 15% discount can only be redeemed online by entering the discount code on the shopping basket page and before proceeding to checkout at www.garyjamesmcqueen. Offer excludes delivery charges to any destination. Offer available only to residents of the UK and Eire aged 18 and over. Offer not available for instore purchases or purchases made at any clearance stores. Offer valid while stocks last. Production of the scarf can take up to 6 weeks – this does not include delivery time. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Promoter: Gary James McQueen Limited, 7 Nelson Road, South Ockendon, RM15 6PX. Company Number: 10899791, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Offer Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. Full terms and conditions at www.garyjamesmcqueen.com/terms-and-conditions/.